duration: 10 nights / 11 days
season: june – october
destinations: leh: 5 nights / uleytokpo: 1 night / nubra: 2 nights / campsites OR homestays: 2 nights
excursions: leh market, shanti stupa, phyang gompa, likir, basgo, Alchi, uleytokpo, lamayuru, redzong, pangong lake, thiksey, shey, khardung-la-pass, nubra and tsomoriri
3 day easy trekking
trekking grade: EASY – suitable for most people in good health, these trips include only a short element of trekking which is predominately on good paths and at low altitude.
trip leaders / guides
our trip leaders have a vast experience of trekking & camping in the himalayas. they are fluent in english language and are always forthcoming with interesting lore and information on local history, culture and practices.
we use existing camping sites on most of the treks with a combination of homestays.
meals on our treks
on all our treks we provide food that’s tasty, hygienic and nutritious. our chefs offer multi-cuisine meals. cuisine is decided keeping in mind the profile of the group. also on most of our treks our clients get the option of trying out the local dishes.
day 01: arrive leh
welcome arrival at leh airport and transfer to hotel. complete day for rest and leisure to acclimatize. evening visit leh market & shanti stupa. overnight at hotel in leh.
day 02: leh – excursion to monasteries
post breakfast we proceed for the indus valley monastery tour including shey, the ancient capital of ladakh, thiksey an impressive complex rising tier upon tier on a hill above the village and stok palace the present residence of the royal family. enjoy packed lunch at sindhu ghat. overnight at hotel in leh.
3 day soft trek
day 03: leh to likir (drive) trek to yangthang (5 hrs approx)
after breakfast drive from leh to likir for 2 hours. at likir you will meet all your trekking staff and ponies. one can visit likir monastery situated on a hill towards the village. start your trek through a barley field to cross a small stream and then to village sumdo. then gradually trek to village yangthang to camp overnight.
day 04: yangthang to hemis shukpachan 5-6 hrs trek
trek to wulle valley and then ascend for one hour to shemchan la and then descend towards hemis shukpachan, the highest village in this route. it’s a big village and is famous for cedar trees found in plenty here, hence the name of village. we will visit a family house and have some butter tea and ladakhi chang (the local beer) there is a small but beautiful monastery just outside the village that we can visit. camp for overnight stay.
day 05: hemis shukpachan to ang (5-6 hrs) (trek ends) drive to Uleytokpo (15 kms / .5 hrs)
we trek through the apricot rich village of ang. this is one of the richest valleys in ladakh as there are plenty of apricots, apples and dry fruits. stay overnight at the camp site at uleytokpo.
day 06: uleytokpo to leh (70 kms / 3 hrs)
in the morning we visit the lamayuru monastery to be part of the morning religious ceremony. it’s a very soothing and spiritual experience to be a part of this ritual. overnight at hotel in leh.
day 07: leh to nubra valley (120 kms / 5 hrs)
after an early breakfast we drive to nubra valley crossing khardung-la-pass – the highest motorable road in the world at 18,380 ft. nubra valley is popularly known as ldorma or the valley of flowers. it is situated to the north of ladakh between the karakoram and ladakh ranges of the himalayas. enjoy your evening at the campsite. overnight at camps.
day 08: in nubra valley (130 kms / 7 hrs)
after your breakfast at the camp, visit the sand dunes to enjoy a camel safari (optional) and deskit monastery. Rest of the day at leisure at the campsite.
day 09: nubra valley – leh (120 kms / 5 hrs)
post breakfast we drive to leh crossing the khardung la pass. reach leh and relax at the hotel for the day. overnight at hotel in leh
day 10: in leh
day free for rest and leisure. overnight at hotel in leh
day 11: depart leh
tour concludes. ladakhsafari thank you for your patronage and ensure a punctual transfer to the domestic airport.
|Leh||Hill Town, Tsomoriri, Ladakh Continental or Similar||Lharimo, Namgyal Palace, Kaal or Similar|
|Nubra Valley||Lharimo North, Silk Route, Mystic Meadows or Similar||Lharimo North (Cottage) , Silk Route, Mystic Meadows or Similar|
|Uleytokpo||West Ladakh camp or Similar||Ule Ethnic Resort, West Ladakh camp or Similar|
|During Treks||Individual camping / fixed campsites||homestays / Guest houses|
Incase of non availability, similar properties will be given
• assistance upon arrival at leh airport
• tea / coffee on arrival
• accommodation on twin sharing basis
• all meals (bed tea, breakfast, hot / pack lunch, evening tea & dinner)
• return airport transfers and sightseeing tours by non-ac vehicle
• inner line permit to restricted / protected areas
• monument & museum entrance fees
• currently applicable taxes and service charges
Package does not include
• airfare to and from leh.
• any kind of personal expenses or optional tours / extra meals ordered
• tips, insurance, laundry, phone calls
• the services of vehicle on leisure days & optional tours will be extra
• any kind of drinks (alcoholic, mineral, aerated)
• guide fee, camera fee
• anything not specifically mentioned under the head “package includes”.
• any future tax levies will be charged extra
• Vehicle provided will be as per the itinerary and not at disposal
• If a vehicle is used for shopping, visiting markets and restaurants then there will be extra charges
• Buffet meals will be provided at the hotels
• Hotels / Camps provide hot water from 6-8 AM and 6-8 PM only
• Leh and remote areas have regular power outages. Don’t expect 24hrs electricity
• Hotels normally shut the main gates at 11 PM
• Any modifications and extras will be charged in cash at our Leh office
1. Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond our control.
2. The itinerary can be altered at any point of time due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond our control.
- transfers by jeeps from leh to the trek starting point and pick up from the finish point
- english speaking ladakhi professional trekking guide
- tented accommodation / home stay for 2 nights on twin share
- cook with all kitchen supplies
- all meals
- porters / ponies (to carry your bags)
- all wildlife, trekking & camping fee
- inner line permits to restricted area
- camera fee
- kitchen & dining tent
- insulated mattresses
- sleeping bags
- separate utility for staff and trekking equipment
basic first aid kit carried by your guide
• River rafting @ Rs. 1500/- per person from June – September
• Camel Rides @ Rs. 500/- per person in Hunder Nubra for 01 hr
• Cultural Show @ Rs. 7500/- per troupe for 1 hr
• Professional Tourist Guide Rs. 1500/- Per Day
PACKAGE TERMS & CONDITIONS
• prices valid from 01st April 2012 to 31st March 2013
• prices valid for minimum 02, 04 & 06 pax traveling together in one vehicle, and above 06 pax based on Maxi Cab (10-12 Seater)
• 100% advance to be deposited at the time of booking
• check-in / check-out time at all the properties would at 1200 hrs (noon)
• all the above mentioned rates are per person rates on twin sharing
• child cost is on apai basis sharing room with parents
• any payment in leh office should be cash only
• during off season pangong lake journey will be done in one-day excursion
• the above rates are applicable strictly for resident indian citizens only
• No Refund on any unused services
• 10% before 30 days from date of departure
• 25% before 15 days from dated of departure
• 50% before 7 days from date of departures
• 100% within 7 days from date of departure
Highest Motorable road 3Nts/ 4 Days
Lake and Highest Motorable road 4Nts/ 5 Days